Team of Medical Experts
Diabetes Centre was established in 2012 and officially launched in 2015. The centre is made up of Consultant Endocrinologist, Cardiologist, Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Ophthalmologists, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Physicians, Diabetes Educators, Diabetes Nurses, and Dietitians working in close collaboration to provide best-personalised care for patients.
In our effort to raise awareness for management of diabetes, the centre is set up with the objective to educate the public on the basic knowledge of diabetes, early detection and to reduce the risk of complications. It also serves as an avenue for our multidisciplinary Consultants to refer their patients for diabetes care counselling and health education.
Diabetic Retinopathy (damage to the retinal vessels) and Diabetic Foot Ulcer are amongst the common complications for Diabetic. To help our patients diagnose and reduce the long-term risk of vision loss from Diabetic Retinopathy, we have included eye examination by Ophthalmologist in our holistic Diabetes Package. This is amongst the most comprehensive packages in the market, specially tailored for those who need a complete follow-up.
The centre is equipped with Biothesiometer (foot pressure examination), Podiatry Drill Machine (foot trimming), as well as trained Diabetes Nurses, to provide foot care management. For the convenience of patients, we also provide home wound dressing at their doorstep.
- More than 1,000 cases of foot wound dressings are done by our Diabetes Nurses at the Diabetes Unit alone every year.
- Equipped with various Ophthalmology services, e.g. Fundus Photography as well as Optical Coherence Tomography which are used to diagnose Diabetic Retinopathy.
- MyOrtho Outlet and Eyestudio Optometry Centre within the hospital to provide specialized orthotic and optometry solutions/services for Diabetes patients.
- Comprehensive Diabetes Screening
- Diabetes Education
- Dietetic and Weight Management
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Glucose Monitoring
- Prevention and Management of Diabetes Complications
- Wound Care