No visitors are allowed into our wards to safeguard patients and staff. Kindly note that only under special circumstances can a caregiver stay with the patient.
COVID-19 Antigen Test is mandatory for all caregivers/accompanying guest of patients upon entering the ward. The test will be repeated for those more than seven (7) days, or undergo COVID-19 PCR test if symptoms develop.
For outpatient consultations, only one (1) visitor is allowed to accompany patients, except for disabled/ postnatal mother with newborn/ young children.
Food delivery is not permitted and will be handled by security personnel outside the wards.
Founded in 1994, Mahkota Medical Centre (“Mahkota”) has established itself as a tertiary hospital of repute in Malaysia and in the region, providing comprehensive quality medical services at accessible rates.
Mahkota is amongst the top medical tourism destination in Malaysia and is located in the heart of Melaka, a UNESCO world heritage site.
The 305-bed licensed hospital has over 120 practising consultants across a wide range of medical and surgical disciplines. Mahkota has been accredited by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) since 2008.
Patients visits since 1994
Centres of Excellence
- Bone & Joint Replacement Centre
- Cancer Centre
- Diabetes Centre
- Emergency & Trauma Centre
- Heart Centre
- Liver & Gastro Centre
- Men’s Health Centre
- Neurological & Stroke Centre
- Wellness Centre
- Woman & Child Centre
Mahkota Bone & Joint Replacement Centre
Healthy bones and joints are essential in maintaining mobility, support and protection for our body. At Mahkota Bone & Joint Replacement Centre, we have a team of dedicated Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeons, Spine Surgeons, Rheumatologist as well as allied health staff working in close collaboration to provide the best care for patients.
About 2,000 Orthopaedic surgeries performed every year.
Mahkota Cancer Centre
Cancer diagnosis and battle is often one of the most stressful experiences in a person‘s life. At Mahkota Cancer Centre, we aim to provide professional support to cancer patients and caregivers, to listen with respect to their physical and emotional needs, so as to create a sense of belonging that helps each patient to feel more understood and less alone.
- Supported by more than 35 full-time Surgeons of different specialties, with more than 12,500 surgical cases performed every year.
- 5-year overall survival rate for Breast Cancer treated at Mahkota is 94% (Stage I), 93% (Stage II), 69% (Stage III) & 40% (Stage IV). The overall (all stages) results for Mahkota was 81%, compared to 82% by UK & Japan, and 88% by US*.
*Based on MHTC’s PHTE programme final institutional performance report for Breast Cancer for Mahkota Medical Centre, 2010 to 2015.
Mahkota Diabetes Centre
Mahkota Diabetes Centre was established in 2012 and officially launched in 2015. It is the first such centre set up in a private hospital in Melaka. The centre is made up of Consultant Endocrinologist, Physicians, Ophthalmologists, Diabetes Educators, Diabetes Nurses, and Dietitians working in close collaboration to provide best-personalised care for patients.
- More than 1,000 cases of foot wound dressings are done by our Diabetic Nurses at the Diabetes Unit alone every year.
- Equipped with various Ophthalmology services, e.g. Fundus Photography as well as Optical Coherence Tomography which are used to diagnose Diabetic Retinopathy.
- MyOrtho Foot Care Outlet and Eyestudio Optometry Centre within the hospital to provide specialized orthotic and optometry solutions/services for Diabetes patients.
Emergency & Trauma Centre
Mahkota Emergency & Trauma Centre is made up of a team of experienced Emergency Physician, Medical Officers, Nurses, and other allied health staff who are trained to manage medical emergencies. Where required and upon stabilisation, a case may then be referred to another Consultant of a specific discipline (on-call or by request) for further or co-management.
- Our blood test results are generally ready within 2 hours (including Dengue and H1N1 test). For general tests in Haematology and Clinical Chemistry, the turnaround time is even shorter, within 1 hour.
- Diagnostic Ultrasound can be performed by an Emergency Physician upon patient arrival to facilitate first-hand emergency consultant care.
Mahkota Heart Centre
Mahkota Heart Centre is made up of a team of Cardiologists, Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Cardiac Anaesthetists, and supported by highly skilled allied health staff for Cardiac Catheterisation, Perfusion, Cardiac Anaesthesia, Intensive Care, Cardiac Rehabilitation and others.
- Our youngest Open-Heart surgery patient is a 2 years old boy who had a hole in his heart, whilst our eldest patient was 86 years old at the time of his Open-Heart surgery.
- Ability to manage complex cases, among our success stories include an 83 years old female patient with Open Heart Surgery and a 70 years old male patient with Y-Shaped Endovascular Stenting of Infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm surgery.
Mahkota Liver & Gastro Centre
Mahkota Liver & Gastro Centre has one of the largest care teams amongst the private hospitals in Melaka with a team of experienced Gastroenterologists, Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgeon, General Surgeons and Physicians. Supported by Trained Nurses, Laboratory Technicians, Dietitians and other allied health professionals, the centre provides dedicated treatment to various liver diseases, upper and lower gastrointestinal conditions and endoscopy.
With more than 7,000 endoscopy procedures performed every year.
Mahkota Men’s Health Centre
Mahkota Men’s Health Centre is made up of a team of Specialists in the different disciplines including Urology and Nephrology, to provide comprehensive solutions from preventive check-up, diagnostic, to treatment and therapeutic services for common men’s health issues. The common health issues faced by men are mostly relating to cancer, cardiac, bladder & urinary, diabetes, kidney, sexual, stroke and depression.
- About 4,000 Urology surgeries performed every year.
- Introduced Ultrasound for Transperineal Biopsy in 2016.
Mahkota Neurological & Stroke Centre
Mahkota Neurological & Stroke Centre has one of the largest care teams in private practice in South Malaysia. The centre is primarily supported by Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Psychiatrist, Paediatrician with special interest in Neurology, and a team of Rehab therapists dedicated to the treatment of adult & paediatric patients with Neurological, Neurosurgical and Psychiatric Disorders. Together with other sub-specialists such as Geriatrician, Neonatologist & Spine Surgeons, we provide patient-focused Neuro care that integrates the expertise of a multidisciplinary team.
With continuous referrals for Electroencephalogram (EEG) and Nerve Conduction Study (NCS) from other private hospitals.
Mahkota Wellness Centre
Combining Health Screening, Dental as well as Aesthetic services, Mahkota Wellness Centre serves as a one-stop centre providing a holistic range of wellbeing services for people who want to improve their overall wellbeing status.
Aesthetic and laser services by medically trained experts and within a hospital setting to fulfil your utmost needs of comfort, safety and privacy. Besides, the skin, hair and cosmetics products sold are all medical grade.
Mahkota Woman & Child Centre
Mahkota Woman & Child Centre offers an extensive range of services for the health and wellbeing of women and children. Led by a team of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, Breast Surgeon, Paediatricians, and Neonatologist, the centre is supported by a pool of experienced allied health personnel including Midwives, Post Basic Trained Nurses, Embryologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapist as well as Clinical Psychologist.
- As of Jan 2020, we have helped 1,112 couples with more than 1,363 babies delivered, including 231 twins, 21 triplets, and 1 quadruplet.
- Technique and services such as Day 5 Extended Blastocyst Culture and Pre Implantation Genetic Testing-Aneuploidy (PGT-A) are available at Mahkota IVF Centre.
- Hosted multiple laparoscopic workshops for Gynaecology since 2011. Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) is amongst the laparoscopic techniques available here.
Meet Our New Doctors
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Mahkota Medical Centre is a Medisave-accredited hospital approved by the Ministry of Health, Singapore. Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs) with a valid Medisave account who wish to use their Medisave are advised to read the Medisave FAQ HERE.
For more information, you may contact our Customer Service team at +60 6285 2999 or our Authorised Representative Offices (ARO) HERE.
You may call to the doctor’s clinic and make an appointment with the clinic nurse directly once you know which doctor to see.