Cancer diagnosis and battle is often one of the most stressful experiences in a person‘s life. At Cancer Centre, we aim to provide professional support to cancer patients and caregivers, to listen with respect to their physical and emotional needs, so as to create a sense of belonging that helps each patient to feel more understood and less alone.
We are among the first private hospital in Melaka to offer cancer treatment in 1994. Since then, more than 20,000 cancer patients have been treated. We are also equipped with linear accelerator and Tomotherapy Radixact with the capability of performing three-dimensional (3D) conformal radiotherapy, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), and Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT). In Nov 2016, PET-CT Scan service was introduced.
Led by a team of Oncologists, Haematologist, multidisciplinary Surgeons as well as allied health staff, we strive to improve the quality of life for our patients at every phase of the disease from early detection, diagnosis, treatment (surgery, Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy and Interventional Oncology), to supportive care (rehabilitation, psychological counselling, and survivorship).
In our efforts to pursue clinical excellence, the centre is also actively engaged in cancer-related education, as well as data benchmarking.
- Supported by more than 35 full-time Surgeons of different specialties, with more than 12,500 surgical cases performed every year.
- 5-year overall survival rate for Breast Cancer treated at Mahkota is 94% (Stage I), 93% (Stage II), 69% (Stage III) & 40% (Stage IV). The overall (all stages) results for Mahkota was 81%, compared to 82% by UK & Japan, and 88% by US*.
*Based on MHTC’s PHTE programme final institutional performance report for Breast Cancer for Mahkota Medical Centre, 2010 to 2015.
- Cancer Screening
- Clinical Assessment and Diagnosis of Cancer
- Same-day Pathology Results
- Chemotherapy – Solid Tumour and Haematology
- Counselling and Formulation of Treatment Plans
- Hormonal Therapy
- Interventional Radiology and Oncology
- Multidisciplinary Surgery
- Radiotherapy – IGRT, IMRT, 3 DRT, Tomotherapy etc.
- Radioiodine Therapy
- Targeted / Biological Therapy
Comprehensive Cancer Care
- Nutritional and food services
- Patient support group
- Psycho-emotional counselling and support
- Rehabilitation services
Team of Medical Experts
Radiotherapy & Oncology
Internal Medicine & Haematology
Obstetrics & Gynaecology – Oncology
Radiology & Vascular Interventional Radiology
Nuclear Medicine & PET-CT
Make an Appointment