The many advantages of traditional laparoscopic surgery also benefit single incision laparoscopic surgery. This includes:
- Less postoperative pain
- Quicker return of bowel function
- Quicker return to solid food
- Quicker return to daily activities
- Reduced chance of scar information in the abdomen
- Reduced infection rate
- Reduced bleeding during surgery.
- Shorter hospital stay
- Video magnification offers the surgeon a better view of diseases organs and its surrounding vessels
The added benefit of single incision laparoscopic surgery is that there will be only one scar hidden in the umbilicus. Due to a single incision, the postoperative pain is also believed to be lesser than traditional laparoscopic surgery.