Conditions that can benefit from our services:
- Heart Disease Prevention
- Cholesterol Lowering
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gastro Complaints
- Weaning Diet
- Coeliac Disease
- Food Allergies / Intolerances
- Eating Disorders
- Nutrition during Pregnancy
- Renal Diet
- Enteral Nutrition
- Other Nutritional related Disease
Therapeutic diets and Nutritional care are planned, administered and evaluated by our team of clinical dietitians as prescribed by the attending physician. All efforts are made to cater to individualized nutritional requirement, food preference and personal preferences of the individuals we served. In addition to serving meals, the dietetic services department is involved with promotion of nutrition education.
The Dietetics & Nutritional Services Department also work closely together with Food and Beverage Department in providing cost effective, nutritious meals and high quality meals to patient care and public dining areas. Food is served in an attractive manner, as effectively as possible, at both safe and appetizing temperatures, following accepted practices.
The objectives of the establishment of Dietetics & Nutritional Services Department are:
- To promote optimal nutritional status of patients through medical nutrition therapy and in accordance with the physicians' orders and consistent with patient's individual physical, ethnic, religious and social needs.
- To promote health care education through counselling, seminars and workshops.
- To prepare and serve attractive and satisfying meals under high standards of sanitation for patients and hospital personnel.
Where is it Located?
The Dietetics & Nutritional Services Department located on the fifth floor of our hospital. Please get assistance from Triage Counter.
8:30 am - 5:30 pm (Monday - Friday)
8:30 am - 12:30 pm (Saturday)
Stay Healthy with MMC Today!
Let us help you with a confidential assessment now. We welcome all referrals by hospitals consultants, general practitioners and dental practitioners, as well as patient self-referral. Referrals should ideally be accompanied by a letter citing all relevant medical history, current treatment, test results and medications.
We do conduct nutrition education talks for individuals and corporate sector. Do not hesitate to contact our Marketing Department for more information and schedule of the talks.
Dietetics & Nutritional Information
Our dietitian will provide dietetic and nutritional information from time to time.
For you to download:-
- Nutritional Tips To Manage Side Effects of Radiotherapy (download brochure)
- The Importance of Good Nutrition for Cancer Patients (download brochure)
- The Steps Towards A Healthy Lifestyle. Le'ts start today! (download brochure)
- Diabetes Mellitus. Work Towards Your Goal To Stabilize Your Glucose Level (download brochure)
- Breastfeeding Your Way to a Healthy Baby (download brochure)
- Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Child (download brochure)
Contact Us Now